Dating people who are always cold can be somewhat of a downer if not handled properly. As someone that is always cold, I’d like to give some insight from the perspective of the cold party.
Dating People Who are Always Cold
- We always need body heat, therefore we are likely very cuddly humans.
- We love being in a warm environment. You’re not going to hear us complain about being active outside. Take us to the beach or on a sunny picnic–only if it’s over 82 degrees–otherwise forget it.
- We are easy to buy for. Check out all the gift ideas below.
- Lowered air conditioning costs.
- We like working out. Oh, you want me to get my blood flowing? Yes please. It’s a solid 30 minutes into cardio before I even break a sweat.
- If you’re not into cuddling, you’re probably better off finding someone that isn’t always cold.
- If your dream is to live in a cold climate, find another polar bear like you. It’s probably not someone who is always freezing.
- While we might save on air conditioning costs, we are most likely guilty of racking up quite the heating bill with the thermostat set at 76 and all those glorious hot showers.
- Cold hands on your belly. Learn to find this endearing or jump ship early. It’s one of our survival instincts.
- Our fashion sense isn’t always the best. When your priority is warmth, often times style must be sacrificed.
The Hot-Cold Relationship
The ideal relationship is arguably between one hot and one cold person. Despite disagreements in what the thermostat setting should be, this difference in body temp makes for a great night of sleep. My boyfriend is a super cuddly sleeper and runs like 10 degrees hotter than the average human. Since I seem to be 10 degrees lower, when we sleep close together we both reach a comfy equilibrium. During the day I can always bundle up while he’s shirtless. Plus he’s always got the best gifts for me…
Gift Ideas for People Who Are Always Cold
I suppose if you’re both on the same page regarding core temperature, there would be less daytime stress but the night might be more difficult to get through as a couple–especially if you’re both hot. Cuddling while sweaty is a miserable experience and not conducive to catching quality z’s.
If you’re both cold, neither is going to want your cold hands on their body. Sheesh, when my hands are cold I don’t even want to put my own body lotion on. It’s awful to have corpse-like icy digits anywhere on your body. (Unless you’re burning up and find this comforting. Again, the cold-hot pairing works best.)